Sunday, May 5, 2019

The Week Where... I Cuddled A Pig

Hi.

On Saturday the 27th of April 2019 I set off on my holiday to a small seaside town named Brixham in the UK along with my boyfriend. We went to many many many places so keep reading and come along for the ride ;).

(Information: I didn't write these in order of visitation. I also apologise as I just rambled and blurted everything out. I tried to keep each paragraph short though! Enjoy!)

We stopped off at the Fleet Air Arm museum along the way which has lots of old planes and helicopters. It's an enjoyable museum and they have a lot there. There's lots of interactive things too which helps the experience including a tour of what it was like to walk around an aircraft carrier. Even though I'm not that in to that sort of thing I still enjoyed it.

Day 2 was Paignton Zoo and it was brilliant due to the amount and diversity of animals they had there. All the animals seemed well cared for and the zoo seems very involved in conservation which is always a positive. My boyfriend loved it just as much as me and we were like two excited children wandering around that place. Every time we saw an animals we seems to always say how gorgeous it was. Every. Single. Time. To. Every. Single. Animal. Because. All. Animals. Deserve. To. Be. Loved.

We visited Kents Cavern in Torquay. It was a really fun tour and really interesting. We wandered around the caves and they had a cool light show at the beginning. They also showed us stalagmites (one which was approx. over 100,000 years old) and stalactites. We saw the bear den too and there were actual bear bones in the cave walls (so that's how they knew bears lived there).

We did a short visit to Berry head nature reserve which has a lovely cafe. Then we made our way to Cockington. It's a gorgeous chocolate box village with thatched roofs and natural beauty. It was a delight to be there and we had the best meal of the week there at The Drum Inn. I also couldn't stop saying 'Cockington.' It was too entertaining.

 The Babbacombe cliff railway was fun. It went down to Oddicombe beach where it was quiet and peaceful just listening to the waves crashing on to the shore. The cafe there was also nice and I had a lovely hot chocolate. Also, in Babbcombe we went to a place named Bygones Torquay. It was a victorian market street where you could peer in to windows and they set it up like victorian shops. My boyfriend thought it was quite good however I didn't enjoy it much. I needed more interaction but that's just my opinion as many give it good reviews.

One of my favourite places we visited was the marble museum. They had massive marbles, ancient marbles and absolutely divine ones. You could watch glassblowing too and there was the shop where you could buy everything they make. Absolutely beautiful. But it was stressful walking around with my handbag because I didn't want to knock anything off!  Then there was a general shop which had lots of nice gifts and goodies in it. The whole place was free entry too!

Before the marble museum we visited Becky falls. Its a nice walk based around some beautiful waterfalls. Our favourite part was the meerkats though where we got to feed them mealworms.

We did shopping and exploring of the three towns: Brixham, Paignton and Torquay. Paignton didn't have a lot to offer to us but we did enjoy the pier and the adventure golf (I won). Torquay was much bigger and had a large range of shops and places to eat but I found that it was all quite spread out so you could never get around it all. Brixham, where we were staying, was my favourite. It was the quietest, most beautiful and had the most independent shops. A lovely place.

The Torquay crime museum needs a mention. Hidden down an alleyway, this museum is something to visit if you like horror stories. It had lots of interesting artefacts and information about serial killers. Don't go if that sort of thing freaks you out though.

We saw Dartmoor ponies whilst we did some exploring on Dartmoor before visiting Pennywell farm on our final day. You could cuddle miniature pigs and I LOVED it. They're cute and warm and cuddly. They also did miniature pig racing which was entertaining. David BeckHAM won. We got to feed lots of animals like goats and sheep (including the babies). They have a lot for children there, however, adults can still enjoy it too!

Our view, every single day, from our holiday home
Finally, I would like to say how beautiful Brixham was and especially our holiday home. It was cosy and perfect for us. What really topped it off was the window which covered a whole wall and looked out on to Brixham harbour. To wake up and go to sleep seeing that every day was a privilege. I'll probably never go back to Brixham or the Torbay area but I definitely won't ever forget it.

Thanks.

Emma x

p.s. forgot to mention there were 97 steep steps which were sloped all the way up to our holiday house. We climbed them at least twice a day and I was exhausted every time. But was still worth it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment