Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Week Where I…Have Deadlines

Hello, and welcome back…

For the past two weeks, I’ve been home for the holidays and since having arrived back at my flat today I can feel a huge difference between being in both places. Despite the ongoing stress from deadlines and from trying to sort out finance for next year, I was the most relaxed I’d been in a while when at home which left me oddly energised (not that I did much with that energy, except getting to see you two lovely people)! All I did today was head to get some food for the flat and I came back feeling exhausted…so much so that I ended up accidently falling asleep for nearly two hours! I blame the amount of people here.

The time of year has hit where all the deadlines seem to be approaching in their multitudes, and as of now I have 4 assignments due before next Thursday. Two of which are thankfully out of my hands as they are film projects that don't need me for the editing process, so that’s taken some stress off my shoulders. On the other hand, however, the audio for one of our other assignments didn’t import properly and so is completely unusable, meaning we have to record the whole interview again. As editor and the one who imported the files, the blame has been laid on me but despite trying to tell the others at the time that I felt something wasn’t right, the others in my group were so concerned with getting out of university (it was a Friday night after all) that they told me to leave it until Monday, and that they were sure it would be fine. So now we’re desperately trying to book the television studio to re-do ours, which is proving difficult as even though we emailed our lecturers on the day we found out the files were corrupt (a month ago now), they still haven’t replied (...I swear every blog post I write has at least one new reason why I dislike my uni). The stress comes with needing to edit the interview once we record it (which is quite a lengthy process), along with getting in another pretty big assignment that’s due next Thursday (which I’ve only just found the argument I’d like to write about…). So needless to say, although stressed I do keep reminding myself that in a little over a week, all my assignments for the year will be in and I’ll have absolutely no responsibilities (except finding employment, fun times!).

In other news, a couple of weeks back I got to meet my baby niece for the first time which made me realise how utterly useless I am when it comes to babies. They’re so small, and I can’t say handling them comes naturally to me, I feel like I’m not supporting them right or will drop them the moment they move! Safe to say, I think that after the last three years of experience with my two nephews and now my new niece, I’m happy to just remain the ‘cool’ aunty for my brother’s kids for the rest of my days. As for upcoming endeavours, I’m off to see one of my favourite bands this Sunday at home and will be home again the following week to look after the house whilst the parents are away so it will be a lot of back and forth! I hope that you two are doing well, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon!


Until next time.

Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment