Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Week Where I... Took Two Weeks Off...

Well hello there! How is it all going? The last few weeks have flown by in a blur of work, uni, writing, and seeing my boyfriend so I can't quite believe it's time to sit down and write another one of these. I hope you're both well.

I'd like to apologise for this post being late. I sat down to write it last Sunday and just didn't get to finish it I'm sorry. Then I had a few bad days so decided to head home on Tuesday afternoon. I'm feeling better now and by the time you both see this I'm sure I'll be comfortably settled back at uni, but it's currently Friday afternoon and I'm worried about going back.

You see, I had a bit of a tiff with a flatmate - I asked her to keep the noise down as I was tired and not in the best of headspaces. She was trying to get away from a bad day by getting ready for a night out and just got a bit upset. I left the day after that so haven't seen her since. I'm worried that she'll be really rude to me or something. (Edit: she's completely ignored me so I'm taking that as a good sign).

But anyway, what happens happens and I'll deal with whatever. I've had a really lovely few days at home. I went climbing twice (my aches now have aches and my knees are 90% bruise), and went to a gig which I loved!

I saw IDLES, the UK's loudest punk band; they're shouting about all things Brexit and toxic masculinity. Their shows are some of the friendliest I've been to and I adore their message of love and unity. I had a brilliant time at the gig and despite being terrified, I jumped in the pit along with so many others. It was amazing and I want to do it all over again, please.

Over the weekend, I've been in work. I also accidentally stayed at my boyfriend's last night! We were watching a movie and I fell asleep, so I just stayed the night. I was totally unprepared for this and went to work today feeling very groggy and gross because I haven't showered. Still, the cuddles were wonderful so I shouldn't complain too much.

Have I told you both that I'm utterly obsessed with climbing now? I love how strong I feel and how easy it is to get absorbed in it! If I can't send (top/finish) a route, I'll stick at it until I can - or until I'm pumped and can't climb anymore! I've also been doing yoga. It's another thing that really helps me feel good in the ol' brain box. All those years I avoided exercise... Why?!

I'm not really sure what else to write about, I've been avoiding uni work so I'm stressed now. I've got a deadline on Thursday which I'm worried about as I missed an important class... Nothing interesting is happening here, just getting ready to finish my first year in May! Time has flown!

I hope you're both well, I'll see you soon.

All the love,

Dottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment